Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beyoncé Album Review: 4

Everyone has they're own LUCKY NUMBER and for Beyonce  that number is "4". Which is also the number and title of her new solo album.

I loved Beyonce as a part of Destinys Child so when she released her first solo album I was a tad bit skeptical. She proved me wrong, "Dangerously In Love" was a well put together album. I could listen from beginning to the end.

Things for me got a little rocky after that. I know the thing is to change up the style a bit to keep things interesting, but with B'Day and I Am.... Beyonce truly lost me. Never did I doubt her talent, I just wondered who was behind the drastic change. B'Day faired better than I Am.... by the time she released I Am and introduced the world and her legions of fans to Sasha Fierce,  I was completely over it. Seriously the only song I listened to on I Am... was the beautiful Ave Maria.

Then after a world tour and a DVD as well as a break from the studio. Beyonce bounced back with the first single from the latest effort. With "Run The World (Girls)" Beyonce caused the world to stop. For me it was like OMG what did she do? It took awhile for the song to grow on me, and it finally did. Then I started hearing other songs from the album. Each song amazed me. I was proud to say the Beyonce I had fallen in love with was back in full effect!

Each track on the new effort is perfect in its own right. The album opens with 1+1 which I think is beautiful and flows into the song "I Care" another one of my favorites. One of the albums standout track happens to be the 90's sounding "Party" which features Andre 3000. To me this is the best album since the first album. It just gives you the 90's feel of music in such a new way.

Everyone should BUY this album! In stores June 28, 2011. Also check her out on the BET AWARDS June 26, 2011!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment