Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Artist Look Out: MULA


Behind The Music & To The Man: MULA


*We always like to give new talent a platform to show the world who they are.
Wesley Fisher from Racine, Wisconsin carrying the state on his back. Is ready to show
the world that Wisconsin has way more than cheese. Though he is a man who has accomplished quite a few things already, he sets his eye on something bigger, GREATNESS. This interview is about the MAN behind the MUSIC.....MULA








DWJOJO: Tell us a little bit about you and how you grew up.
Well unlike alot of rappers who lie about being from the projects and sellin crack and all the other shit i grew up in racine wisconsin to a two parent household ya dig we didnt always have the flyest things but for the most part i had a good up bringing and grew up with alot of my cousins ya know but for the most part im happy with my child hood


DWJOJOWhen did music become apart of your life?
At age 16 when i went to a ludacris concert i saw how he rocked that crowd and i always been good with words so it like fell right into place for me well at least in my head you know every rapper think they the shit when they first start out but music speaks to people in ways the law cant or your parents cant at the end of the day people live like they hear about the most so basically it attracted me as sort of a release from the problems and stress of life


DWJOJO:  Tell us about how you came up with the name Mula
Well to be honest my cousin pretty gave me that name cuz at one time i was head first out here in these streets but only for short while i ran with it cuz ever since i was 13 i started the 9-5 thing and ever since i have kept at least one job  and at this point i still have 2 because i aint gonna suffer for nobody i was one of the lucky ones who never felt a lil bit of the recession so thats how my name came about it sums up my life


DWJOJO:  In one sentence describe your music.
my reality written on a cd


DWJOJO:  What song of yours would you best say people who listened to it would have a understanding of the man behind the music?
well i really cant say that i only have one because anytime u really recording and want to spit sum real shit u gotta speak from your own perspecticve so thats really hard to say but if i had to say one i would say it is Racine County and i say that because its where i was born and raised and it made me who i am today and ive been to over 20 states and nobody can do it like we can  racilla stand up



DWJOJO:  In the world of Hip Hop mainstream artist who would you have to say is the most innovative? The most respected? The most commercial?
I think the most innovative besides him makin human mistakes is ti.  the most respected is wayne i think cuz he works the hardest. and well 75 percent of these niggaz is commercial half of em aint even writin they own shit u feel me a true musician can write hits by themself thats just how i feel


DWJOJO:  What can we expect from you in the year of 2011?
you can expect alot because i made my mind up this gonna be the year i get in the industry how i want to be so fans or potential fans can expect to see alot of videos on youtube my channel name is mula20111 dont forget that extra 1 on the end, and they can expect alot of music on facebook myspace and a bunch of other sites used to expose up and coming artists and i already have 10 tracks on my myspace page the link isMYSPACE.COM/MULA2622009 THATS WHERE THE OLD MIXTAPE IS POSTED ON ..
and i stay on facebook everyday so people can get at me on there my name is wesley fisher from racine wisconsin.. but music wise they can expect 5 mixtapes droppin back to back months as soon as i drop the first one and the name of the mixtape is MIXTAPE MASSACER volumes 1-5 then my album that will be named PAID IN FULL and d i will be releasing a compilation cd with sum artists of mine the name of that is still being decided so ill keep u posted  on that and i got 4 photoshoots comin up so there will be more up to date visuals of me and im still tryin to tour and do these shows listen to the myspace if you interested get at me i make a fair price for anybody or if i like ya vibe just get me there u might get the show on gp just show me and who ever im wit a good time  but yeah i got big shit poppin this year im goin in


DWJOJO:  Why is succeeding in music so important to you?
because i have been to college been a star athelete been to the army im a manager and a chemical anaylst for johnson wax right now i make plenty money but only time i am truly happy is when im writing or recording music so u do the math


DWJOJO:  Choose one song old or new that defines an entire Hip Hop movement
BLING BLING  i say that because every rapper who aint on think thats what its all about but it aint everybody too scared top be they self everybody say they a goon a killa or whatever and half of the niggaz too scared to go back to they home town and give back


DWJOJO: What do you think about the state of music today?
its at one of the best points its been in a while and thats because its startin to get to the point wher people are gettin signed of skill and not off of who they know

DWJOJO: Top 5 people who inspire you.
my mom, dad, brother ,myself, and I cuz i got myself to this point so far with no help from anybody mentally or finacially so do think im being big headed by sayin that 

DWJOJO:  Name the first song you wrote and tell us how you wrote it.
it was called 18 i wrote it cuz my mama seen me come in the house high as hell one day when i was 16 and i got in trouble and all she said was just wait till u 18 so i wrote that song and just kept writing from there

DWJOJO: How will be able to get the new music?
ill send copies to anybody who wants one and ill keep new updates on the sites and links i spoke on earlier and soon i will be on i-tunes as well so dont worry there will be plenty of music for suckaz to hate on


Question: Is there anything you would like to say? 
yeah first i want to say thanks to u JoJo for the oppurtunity to get me out there your whole team for yall doin yall thang and im gonna keep on pushin thanks to anybody thats reading this and who fucks wit me now and in the future shout out to anybody on my team and my family and yall look out for me my name MULA

CHECK OUT THIS EXCLUSIVE FREESTYLE!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment